One of the biggest queries when you put Airbnb into google is the question of safety. This is something that has come up often within a world where we are increasingly distant from one another – the social media boom has brought us together on screen but put a wedge between us off screen as our digital lives take over. This increase in social media platforms has given rise to the phenomenon of sharing economy, with Uber and Airbnb leading the way.
The Sharing Economy
The sharing economy has faced a large amount of criticism with regards to safety, as pretty much anyone can register to be an Uber driver, and anyone can be an Airbnb host or guest. This is something that obviously needs to be considered when you are thinking about letting strangers into your home. On the one hand, you can save money and earn additional income by letting your flat through Airbnb. On the other hand, you want to make sure that your guests will respect your property. So, what can be done to regain some control in this scenario?
What do Airbnb do?
First and foremost, Airbnb itself provides its safety recommendations for hosts.
- Verifying guests with IDs
- Storing message history within the system
- Adding security deposits and insurance plans to listings
- Photos are also an incredibly important part of the process, helping to build a trusting relationship between guests and hosts. See our blog post on this and how to give the best impression to potential guests on Airbnb.
How do Pass the Keys Make Airbnb Hosting Safe?
It’s when we don’t do things to our fullest that they don’t reach their potential and mistakes are made. In an industry where the focus is on letting strangers into your home, it isn’t wise to run things half-heartedly and so if you don’t have the time but want to be a host, then working with an Airbnb management firm could actually optimise your safety standards.
By becoming a client of Airbnb management company Pass the Keys, you ensure that certain safety measures are put in place. We want to do our best to ensure a secure rental process and below is a list of our precise services:
- Whatever Airbnb only recommends as a precautionary measure, we implement as a must. We set up and follow house rules, such as a no smoking policy.
- Request a security deposit.
- Verifying guests and their purpose of visit. We won’t be allowing any bachelor parties.
- Meeting guests personally and verifying their identity.
- Checking your apartment after every stay
- Helping to resolve any issues including withholding the deposit from the guest
- Installation of Key Safes to ensure a secure and swift key exchange
Ask anyone around you who hosts guests in their flats and they will say that the benefits outweigh the risks tenfold. With our professional security we make sure that risk is minimised as much as possible. If you choose to become an Airbnb manager on your own, this can be a full-time job. Have a look at this article from The Telegraph to see how much work can go into managing a property.