Every once in a while there are articles about crazy Airbnb parties, neighbours complaining about Airbnb guests.
It does not have to end up in a mess. Follow a few steps and ensure you are on good terms with your neighbours while you are renting out on Airbnb.
Here a few tips:
- Follow the house rules. Most properties have noise limits, make sure you incorporate these into your house rules.
- Tell your neighbours what you are planning to do! Share your or the Airbnb management company's phone number with them, and so they can ask any questions.
- Ensure you vet your guests to minimise disturbances. Business travellers, families and couples are spending a lot of time exploring the city, and little time at home. But you want to avoid getting bachelor parties into the property. The best way to do that is by vetting guests. Make sure you know what their plans are. At Pass the Keys, we vet guests for you and have successfully done that for thousands of guests.
- Tell your neighbours you have a professional Airbnb Management company running the services. They will know that the people coming to clean are professional service providers and that keys are handled carefully.
- Finally, encourage neighbours to reach out to you in case they spot anything unusual. While crazy parties are extremely rare, you do want your neighbours to report these to you immediately so that action can be taken.